Tuesday, November 26, 2013

RE: [gatortalk] Fwd: [gatornews] Muschamp deserves more time - Columns - Independent Florida Alligator

Steve, you think you’ve got it bad.  I was approached by a little old lady Sunday who said, “I can’t help myself…  Go Commodores!”

I kicked her in the shin and screamed, “Just wait until basketball!”

 

 

Oliver Barry, CRS, GRI

Bob Parks Realty, LLC

REO Department

1517 Hunt Club Blvd

Gallatin TN 37066

Phone: 615-826-4040

Mobile: 615-972-4239

barryo@realtracs.com

 

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve McKibben
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:49 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Fwd: [gatornews] Muschamp deserves more time - Columns - Independent Florida Alligator

 

Thanks Leon!

On this particular island you'll see reggae bands a lot more than marimba bands, but the rum flows freely.

This island is only nine miles long, but at least the roads have elevation and a lot of twists and turns to keep those short drives from being too boring.

The most restrictive thing about being here right now is that you can't get very far away from the UGA, Bama, LSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, et. al. fans. I really hope that before too long they'll feel the same way when they see me strolling about wearing my Gator gear. Right now I get a lot of "why would you wear that in public?" kind of looks, and no shortage of snide remarks.

It's OK, it's a small island and soon enough (ok, not soon enough, but hopefully before too long) I'll be asking them why they don't seem to wear their colors as much as they used to! :)

Steve McKibben

 


 

 

I absolutely, unequivocally hate islands.  Highly restrictive.  All representing about 3% of all of Florida.  I absolutely want to drive more than 10 miles without having to turn around. Marimba bands get old quickly.  Rum slides down well with most mixes, but ultimately makes the next 10-mile drive boring.

 

However, I love Steve and his choice to move his dog, children, wife and personal treasures to island land.  I'm watching.

 

He's right on the Gator football team.  Sort of.  Progress is being made.

 

But...the reef we hit this year was totally devastating for the record, the fans and almost everyone I love.

 

Until we are off this 'island of doom' I'll not be happy.  Please give me more space.

 

A. Leon Polhill, Gator
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.
I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain

 

 

Quinton Dunbar and Solomon Patton are light years ahead of where they were just a year ago. Considering the fact that they aren't thought to be that talented, and play at a position where to really shine you need a decent OL, QB, and to some extent a good running game to take some of the pressure off, I think I see development there.

The OLmen that have been healthy, excepting the guys that were class filler types, seemed to have improved, Jonathan Harrison will be among the first guys at his position to be drafted this year.

How well did Mike Gillespie develop under the previous regime - he rushed for what - 1200 yards last year?

It's easy to look at the rag-tag , injury depleted group that haven't played together enough to develop much chemistry and spout the "no development" line, but I think there's more to that than meets the eye.

I'm not happy with our offense any of the past three seasons, and I think that if Muschamp is to survive beyond next year he will need to be willing to let whomever the new OC is open things up and take more chances, but I don't think, given the incredible bad luck with injuries this year, that he/we could have avoided the train wreck we've all been witness to, despite the philosophical bent of the coaching staff.

I'd hate for us to look back in a few years and realize that Muschamp made all of his on the job training mistakes here, got run out of town on a rail, and ended up being a thorn in our side for years to come.

Of course there's always a chance that he will never get there. I certainly don't pretend to know that for sure. I hope the guys that get to make the call do!

Steve McKibben

 

 

 

 

But what will the staff do with them after they enroll? I have not seen any development in the offensive players in the past 3 years.

 

Mark Weigly

 

--
--
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions |
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GatorTalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gatortalk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment