Wednesday, November 27, 2013

[gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Miami Herald and Palm Beach Post GatorNews, courtesy of JunoGator

This is the stuff that worries me for the future. Muschamp is basically saying, 'I knew I shouldn't have let them pass on first down'. So you don't complete it... so what? So you punt... that's part of the game. At least the defense has to prepare for the possibility of a pass on the next series, and that increases your chances of success whether you run or pass. And how is the QB ever going to gain any experience or confidence if you never let him try a real pass? How will we ever have an offense if the head coach is so gun shy that he's kicking himself for letting his OC try a single first down pass play? It is comments like this that make me skeptical about Muschamp's ability to ever allow his OC (whoever that is) to develop a viable offense.

Rob


Sent from my iPad

On Nov 27, 2013, at 7:56 AM, JunoGator <broadreachfsc@earthlink.net> wrote:

One sequence that upset him came early in the second quarter. The Gators opened a drive from their own 4-yard line with Mack Brown running for 14 and 11 yards on the first two plays. Then Pease called a pass play for Mornhinweg, who has struggled in his limited opportunities to throw, that went incomplete. Two plays later, Florida punted.
Muschamp did not like straying from the ground game at that point but did not exercise his "total veto power" by overruling Pease.
"I had the opportunity," Muschamp said. "I'm as mad at myself as I am at anybody else."

No comments:

Post a Comment