Thursday, April 13, 2017

Re: [gatortalk] [gatornews] [SUN]: UF guard Hester to transfer

Agreed, but this guy looked pretty good. He was our top rated recruit last year.

I thought that his lack of playing time was solely due to the fact that we were loaded at the position. I'm not sure that Chris Jackson as a freshman would have received much playing time behind Hill, Chiozza and Allen.

5 for 5 from 3 point land against LSU was a school record, I think. 11 of 19 for the year on three pointers is almost 60%. That's pretty unheard of.

This guy could flat out score, it just seemed that his defense wasn't quite ready for SEC play. That's not unusual, and I expected a big jump in his defense and playing time next season. I guess I was wrong.

-Zeb


On Apr 13, 2017, at 10:12 AM, Oliver Barry <barryo@realtracs.com> wrote:

 usually hate to see someone leave the team like this.
But, I wonder if his leaving won't just open up a scholarship for a better player.
Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment