Monday, July 21, 2014

Re: [gatortalk] OT - Atlanta traffic?

Zeb was right in a general way. I would have Taken I-26 to Columbia, I-77
to I 81. The only bad traffic would be Charlotte but as long as you
avoided rush hour, it is not bad, especially if you can take the HOV.
Alternatively, there are a lot of rural roads in Georgia that you can make
pretty good time. The same is true in Florida if you know where. When I
go to our house in Florida (Crystal River) from Pennsylvania, I take US 1,
SR 15, back to US1, then 301 in Callahan down to near Ocala. I am only on
I-75 for about two exits. As I get older, I enjoy the country roads so
much more. Yes, there are some small towns you have to go through but may
have a Walmart and you can¹t beat their bathrooms for a quick pit stop.

Jerry

On 7/21/14, 9:39 PM, "Kirkley.net" <ken@kirkley.net> wrote:

>Too late now, but that route would have been longer in any case. Atlanta
>wasn't bad, I-24 in Tennessee on the other hand was a nightmare. The
>only positive were the delays made me stop sooner than expected, which
>allowed me to visit Cascade Hollow and George Dickel.
>
>Ken Kirkley
>
>
>> On Jul 21, 2014, at 2:51 PM, John Vega <zebulon@gate.net> wrote:
>>
>> From Orlando, isn't your best option I-4 to Daytona, I-95 North to I-26
>>in South Carolina; I-26 to I-81; then grab I-75 North at Knoxville?
>>
>> Bypasses Atlanta entirely, avoids the Florida Turnpike, and takes you
>>by Johnson City, TN (all hail Science Hill).
>>
>> -Zeb
>>
>>> On Jul 18, 2014, at 7:53 AM, Kirkley.net wrote:
>>>
>>> For you denizens of Atlanta, I will be driving through later this
>>>afternoon on my way back to Minnesota. Can you enlighten me on Atlanta
>>>rush hour traffic? How far South and North does traffic backup, what
>>>time does it typically start to get bad and what time does it typically
>>>start to lighten up?
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I will be hitting Atlanta around 5-6, so I know it will
>>>be bad, but just how bad is the question. I can't change my departure
>>>from Orlando to an earlier time, so my only options are to sit it out
>>>or trudge on through. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Ken K
>>> MNGator
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
>>> 1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball
>>>Champions
>>> 2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball
>>>Champions
>>> 2008 National Football Champions |
>>> Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel
>>>(1996),
>>> Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
>>> ---
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>Groups "GatorTalk" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>an email to gatortalk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>> --
>> --
>> GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
>> 1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball
>>Champions
>> 2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball
>>Champions
>> 2008 National Football Champions |
>> Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel
>>(1996),
>> Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>Groups "GatorTalk" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>an email to gatortalk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>--
>--
>GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
>1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
>2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
>2008 National Football Champions |
>Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel
>(1996),
>Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
>---
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>"GatorTalk" group.
>To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>email to gatortalk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions |
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GatorTalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gatortalk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment