Friday, September 21, 2012

[gatortalk] Fwd: [gatornews] [Gainesville SUN]: Gilmore, Ramsey Headline Visitors For Kentucky / {Abolverdi}

There go my plans for tonight. I was going to go see Staver and Ramsey tonight at Brentwood Academy. 
I bet we end up with Ramsey too. 
There's also a kid we just offered here at Beech.  Good running back!

Oliver Barry, CRS, GRI
Real Estate Broker
Bob Parks, LLC
1517 Hunt Club Blvd
Gallatin TN 37066
615-972-4239
615-826-4040 
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Shane Ford <goufgators@bellsouth.net>
Date: September 21, 2012 12:24:25 PM CDT
To: GatorNEWS <gatornews@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [gatornews] [Gainesville SUN]:  Gilmore, Ramsey Headline Visitors For Kentucky  /  {Abolverdi}
Reply-To: gatornews+owners@googlegroups.com

 

September 21st, 2012 10:59am

Gilmore, Ramsey headline visitors for Kentucky

by Zach Abolverdi      (Gainesville SUN)

 

Florida coach Will Muschamp will have three official visitors on hand Saturday when as the Gators host Kentucky.

The only uncommitted propsect is four-star defensive tackle Greg Gilmore (Hope Mills, N.C./South View), who is making his second trip to Gainesville.

Muschamp, who is personally recruiting Gilmore, has put on the full-court press and made him feel at home when camped at UF on June 9.

 

 

It's an LSU-UF battle for Gilmore. (Photo by 247Sports)

"I feel like he needs me in the program, not just wants me as a player," Gilmore said. "I think one thing that separates Florida is the family atmosphere. It's more of a family than a business. He tries to instill different things in his players  besides business as usual."

Gilmore said relationships are the key factor in his recruitment and his closeness with the LSU coaching staff has made the Tigers his favorite. He'll be looking for a similar bond from Florida this weekend with his parents.

"I'm trying to get a better relationship with coaches and players and see how they interact with each other. I wanna get up close and personal with the team. I'm an outspoken person, so I'm gonna ask questions and find out what I need to know. I'm gonna have a good time with the gameday atmosphere, too," said Gilmore, who will officially visit LSU on Nov. 3 and make his decision shortly afterward.

The other two visitors are UF quarterback commit Max Staver and USC cornerback commit Jalen Ramsey, who are teammates at Brentwood Academy in Brentwood, Tenn.

Staver arrived in Gainesville on Thursday night and Ramsey will come down Friday. Rated a five-star prospect by Rivals.com, Ramsey hasn't felt any pressure from Staver to switch to Florida.

 

 

Ramsey is still solid to USC, but he has a teammate committed to the Gators and a family full of Florida fans. (Photo by 247Sports)

"Of course he wants me to come, but he doesn't bug me about it," Ramsey said. "He just lets me know Florida is where it's at and he would love for me to be a Gator."

Staver wouldn't be the only one. Ramsey said his family has always been Gator fans and he's ready to find out why.

"All I heard growing up was how great Florida is, so I'm interested to see it for myself," Ramsey said. "I'm still solid to USC, but I let them know when I committed that I wanted to take some visits and Florida was always somewhere I wanted to go. So I'm definitely looking forward to it."

Ramsey said he knows USC and Vandy will also receive official visits, but he doesn't have any dates set yet.

Other than Gilmore and Ramsey, there aren't any other notable targets expected to attend. But new offensive tackle transfer Tyler Moore and 11 members from Florida's class plan on visiting unofficially.

2013 COMMITS
RB Adam Lane, 5-8, 216, Winter Haven, Fla./Winter Haven
WR Alvin Bailey, 5-11, 175, Seffner, Fla./Armwood
WR Ahmad Fulwood, 6-4, 189, Jacksonville, Fla./Bishop Kenny
WR Chris Thompson, 6-0, 170, Gainesville, Fla./Gainesville
DT Caleb Brantley, 6-3, 304, Crescent City, Fla./Crescent City
DL Joey Ivie, 6-4, 270, Dade City, Fla./Pasco
DE Jordan Sherit, 6-5, 234, Tampa, Fla./Hillsborough
LB Quinton Powell, 6-2, 200, Daytona Beach, Fla./Mainland
CB Vernon Hargreaves III, 5-11, 185, Tampa, Fla./Wharton
S Keanu Neal, 6-1, 203, Bushnell, Fla./South Sumter
S Nick Washington, 6-0, 183, Jacksonville, Fla./Trinity Christian

 

--
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions |
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

No comments:

Post a Comment