Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Re: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] [SUN]: Timeline: How Gators’ credit card fraud case unfolded


On Sep 27, 2017, at 10:00 AM, Jerry D. Belloit <belloit@clarion.edu> wrote:

I was watching ESPN last night and the Gators were getting hammered over this.  One went as far to say that if Mac did not give Callaway his walking papers, you would have to question the culture at Florida.  He seemed to suggest that Callaway was the ring leader but it looks like it was one of the others to me.  The more I think about it, I am leaning toward giving Callaway and Scarlett the boot.  I say this not so much because of their theft, but more because they should have been leaders and stopped this for the good of the team.  I can understand how a freshman might get sucked into such a scheme, especially if encouraged by an upper classman.

I agree.

Based on what I have read;

Desir-Jones & Telfort should be kicked out of school. They may be incarcerated regardless.

Callaway and Scarlett should sit out the year and be told to go pro.

The others, expecially some of the true freshmen with relatively minor involvement; sit out the year and whatever the judicial system metes out, live with it.

I'm not sure that I'd kick all nine off the team.

-Zeb

No comments:

Post a Comment