Friday, January 24, 2014

[gatortalk] Recruiting story

I’m no recruit-nik, really, but here’s something.  I was at Home Depot here in Orlando about an hour ago, having some keys made.  One of the keys is one of those “Gator” keys, you know, orange and blue with the Gator head.  The guy who was at the register at check out (I was gonna say ‘the guy who was checking me out’ but that sounded weird) was a young guy about 24 or so. 

 

He saw the Gator key and asked if I liked the Gators, so I said yes.  And he said one of his friends who plays football is committing to Florida and he’s a really good player.  He’s from Immokalee, and their families are real good friends.  So I said who’s the player, and the guy said ‘JC’.  I said “JC Jackson?” and the guy looked at me like he couldn’t believe I knew who Jackson was.

 

He said, yes, JC Jackson, he’s going to Florida, for sure.  Then he proceeded to tell me ALL ABOUT JC’s family and how they were such good people, and the only reason JC thought about FSU was because JC’s older sister went there at some point so the family thought JC would like FSU.

 

But according to this guy, who by the way talked to me for about a half hour about college football, JC is a Gator, signed, sealed, and delivered, he’s ours.

 

JB

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment